Monday, March 28, 2011

Wuhan March 2011: Adieu to the bed of roses

And my Wuhan trip is reaching its end.
For the past day, I have been staying in a hotel room which, in comparison to the dorm room, is luxurious. A twin room with a bath tub and a shower. Refreshing...
So this is it... cool weather no more. It is warming up in Wuhan anyway marking the coming of spring. Spring is a season so beautiful that every person should have a chance to experience. It is such a beauty that with the lack of expertise, the picture that I captured was a great injustice to its real beauty. The cool air mixed with the warm rays of the sun. The flowers spring to life bringing with them the colours that was evidently missing just a week ago. If only the air is clearer...
As spring comes to Wuhan so goes I back to Singapore...
It has been a good stay. I've come to the realization that a good bed does wonders to the psyche of a person. The bed was the first that I noticed as I entered the room that was to be mine for three weeks. They have provided me with a proper super single but not quite a good mattress. I'm not complaining about the non-existent mattress. A pillow and a quilt to keep me warm in the cold nights... those sufficed.
The students were elated when they were given proper beds for their cruise and Wudang mountain trips. The pleasures of life we have been taking for granted.
Goodbye Wuhan for now. I wonder if I would be seeing you again...

No comments: